INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
This Agreement is entered into between World Advisory, LLC (“the Company”) and Business Consultant (“the Contractor”).
1. Independent Contractor. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Company hereby engages the Contractor as an independent contractor to perform the services set forth herein, and the Contractor hereby accepts such engagement.
2. Duties, Term, and Compensation. The Contractor’s duties, term of engagement, compensation and provisions for payment thereof shall be as set forth in the estimate previously provided to the Company by the Contractor and which is attached as Schedule A, which may be amended in writing from time to time, or supplemented with subsequent estimates for services to be rendered by the Contractor and agreed to by the Company, and which collectively are hereby incorporated by reference.
3. Confidentiality. The Contractor acknowledges that during the engagement he or she will have access to and become acquainted with various trade secrets, inventions, innovations, processes, information, records and specifications owned or licensed by the Company and/or used by the Company in connection with the operation of its business including, without limitation, the Company’s business and product processes, methods, customer lists, accounts and procedures. The Contractor agrees that he or she will not disclose any of the aforesaid, directly or indirectly, or use any of them in any manner, either during the term of this Agreement or at any time thereafter, except as required in the course of this engagement with the Company. All files, records, documents, blueprints, specifications, information, letters, notes, media lists, original artwork/creative, notebooks, and similar items relating to the business of the Company, whether prepared by the Contractor or otherwise coming into his or his or her possession, shall remain the exclusive property of the Company. The Contractor shall not retain any copies of the foregoing without the Company’s prior written permission. Upon the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, or whenever requested by the Company, the Contractor shall immediately deliver to the Company all such files, records, documents, specifications, information, and other items in his or his or her possession or under his or her control. The Contractor further agrees that he or she will not disclose his or her retention as an independent contractor or the terms of this Agreement to any person without the prior written consent of the Company and shall at all times preserve the confidential nature of his or her relationship to the Company and of the services hereunder.
4. Conflicts of Interest; Non-hire Provision. The Contractor represents that he or she is free to enter into this Agreement, and that this engagement does not violate the terms of any agreement between the Contractor and any third party. Further, the Contractor, in rendering his or her duties shall not utilize any invention, discovery, development, improvement, innovation, or trade secret in which he or she does not have a proprietary interest. During the term of this agreement, the Contractor shall devote as much of his or her productive time, energy and abilities to the performance of his or her duties hereunder as is necessary to perform the required duties in a timely and productive manner. The Contractor is expressly free to perform services for other parties while performing services for the Company. If the Contractor wishes to perform services independently for another party in business with the Company, he or she must wait at least one year from the last day of business between the party and the Company. For a period of six months following any termination, the Contractor shall not, directly or indirectly hire, solicit, or encourage to leave the Company’s employment, any employee, consultant, or contractor of the Company or hire any such employee, consultant, or contractor who has left the Company’s employment or contractual engagement within one year of such employment or engagement.
5. Merger. This Agreement shall not be terminated by the merger or consolidation of the Company into or with any other entity.
6. Termination. The Company may terminate this Agreement at any time by 10 working days’ written notice to the Contractor. In addition, if the Contractor is convicted of any crime or offense, fails or refuses to comply with the written policies or reasonable directive of the Company, is guilty of serious misconduct in connection with performance hereunder, or materially breaches provisions of this Agreement, the Company at any time may terminate the engagement of the Contractor immediately and without prior written notice to the Contractor. Contractor is not bound by this agreement to any work not requested or specified in Schedule A and Contractor may terminate this agreement at any time by 10 working days written notice to Company or written notice of refusal to complete any duties requested by Company.
7. Independent Contractor. This Agreement shall not render the Contractor an employee, partner, agent of, or joint venture with the Company for any purpose. The Contractor is and will remain an independent contractor in his or her relationship to the Company. The Company shall not be responsible for withholding taxes with respect to the Contractor’s compensation hereunder. The Contractor shall have no claim against the Company hereunder or otherwise for vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, social security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, unemployment insurance benefits, or employee benefits of any kind.
8. Successors and Assigns. All of the provisions of this Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective heirs, if any, successors, and assigns.
9. Choice of Law. The laws of the District of Columbia shall govern the validity of this Agreement, the construction of its terms and the interpretation of the rights and duties of the parties hereto.
10. Arbitration. Any controversies arising out of the terms of this Agreement or its interpretation shall be settled in the District of Columbia in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and the judgment upon award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
11. Assignment. The Contractor shall not assign any of his or her rights under this Agreement, or delegate the performance of any of his or her duties hereunder, without the prior written consent of the Company.
12. Modification or Amendment. No amendment, change or modification of this Agreement shall be valid unless in writing signed by the parties hereto.
13. Entire Understanding. This document and any exhibit attached constitute the entire understanding and agreement of the parties, and any and all prior agreements, understandings, and representations are hereby terminated and canceled in their entirety and are of no further force and effect.
14. Unenforceability of Provisions. If any provision of this Agreement, or any portion thereof, is held to be invalid and unenforceable, then the remainder of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
DUTIES, TERM, AND COMPENSATION
DUTIES: The Contractor will perform the position of Business Consultant. He or she will perform the duties under this Agreement and shall fulfill any other duties reasonably requested by the Company and agreed to by the Contractor.
TERM: This engagement shall commence upon execution of this Agreement and shall continue in full force and effect until completion of the Contractor’s duties under this Agreement. The Agreement may only be extended thereafter by mutual agreement, unless terminated earlier by operation of and in accordance with this Agreement.
COMPENSATION: As full compensation for the services rendered pursuant to this Agreement, the Company shall pay the Contractor $50.00/Month for the Basic Service Package, $75.00/Month for the Advanced Service Package, and $100.00/Month for the Premium Service Package for each client the Contractor is assigned to. For partial months, the Contractor shall receive payment according to a percentage based on the number of days working with a client and the number of days in the specified month. Payments to Contractor will be issued by the Company on the 7th day of every month. If the 7th day of the month falls on a Federal Holiday or Weekend, payments will be issued the following business day. This compensation structure will be in effect until otherwise specified by mutual agreement.